vrijdag 15 april 2011

Whole lotta Rosie

My head is a bit fluffy from all the work and the new programm wich we are going to use on the new machine's. I love my job. It is not a job that a lot of girls choose to do. I am a CNC-miller....
In the old days when the men went to join the army in WWII, women had to take over their jobs in the factory's. Many thanks to these great women, who build planes and machine's and showed the world that you don't have to be a man to do this. But I am not jealous of them. The work was hard and tough. The machine's big and heavy..... It was a dirty job...

Nowadays the job is much easier. Instead of the heavy convential machine's there are now very nice computerizes machine's. The job is so much better then it was 70 years ago. Most of the time you are sitting behind the computer and making programms for the machine's. The machine is now a robot and you have to tell him what to do.
Just like the Rosie's I've worked for a big company that made parts of airplane- and aerospace-company's. It feels so great to hold a part of a Joint Strike Fighter in your hands. It was a great time. Now I am working at a nice little company just around the corner, and we are busy with a big new project. It is very exciting and I have to learn a lot of new things.
I used to do a lot for women in technic jobs. I was a role model for schools and did a lot of interviews and photoshoots for different kind of magazines. Now I don't have the time for this anymore and I miss it a little bit. Here is an old photo of my (please don't watch my hair or my broken nose or so.) from 2 years ago. Last week it was in the FNV magazine.  :(

For now.... I am going to enjoy my weekend! Finally.... :)
XX




2 opmerkingen:

  1. A nice bericht and the 2nd photo so lovely, you look like the Bomber assembling girls right :-) Fijne weekend en groetjes, meer+

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen