woensdag 7 september 2011

About (not so girlie) Cars and Meetings.

Since I was a young girl I am in love with cars. Not the modern one's, although I really love my Volvo....
I bought my first car even without having a driving-licence. It was a Ford Capri. Actually I still own 2 Capri's now.... And both of the baby's need work before hitting the road again.
When I met boyfriend my dream of owning an American became reality. Boyfriend already had one, and he also owned and sold a lot of beauty's. On this moment we have 5 "stayers" and 3 "come and gone'rs".
I love the sound of the V8's and feel the power when you hit the pedal. I am a pedal to the metal girl. ;)
What I also love are the meetings. The Custom Culture meetings. The RockaBilly meetings. The regular car-meetings. There is so much to see, boys and girls all dressed up. Beautifull cars. The stalls that are selling great dresses and stuff. But now, the summer is coming to an end and so is the meeting season.... I will miss the cars and people. But now maybe I will find some time to work on my sweet project. :)

Me and our 1958 Plymouth Fury Suburban with the famous Christine nose.
Photo made by our great friend. Matthijs Dijk
 
Our 1958 Pontiac Chieftain DeLuxe, who was my daily last year.

My "project" a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal
It still needs a lot of work..... :(  But now I have a pair of Fins!

This is the 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook who was my first American Car. 
I bought it from our good friend Ton and with boyfriend as co-owner.
It was standing in a barn for over 13 years when we saved it.
On this photo she is back on the road for the first time, after more then 13 years and a lot of love and work.
I traded her last year for the Dodge. She is now used for wedding car.

Bad Iphone shots from Bottrop Custom Kulture.

And a funny one from Matthijs Dijk

Sweet kisses to all! ;)
xx




6 opmerkingen:

  1. I was thinking of you when we were watching American Gaffiti the other night!All those lovely old cars!! I've always loved cars pre 80's,I adore 70's pimp mobiles, and all the 50's & 60's beauties,I also love those wonderful 20's & 30's gliding machines! But I only learnt to drive 2 years ago!!! I think thouh,that I like to drive modern cars, and I just want to be seen in old cars!
    Love that last pic,you're gorgeous!!XXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ow how sweet of you! I didn't see the movie but I hope to see it soon!
    Thank you for that last pic. You are very gorgeous to!
    And when you love to drive in classic style with modern luxery, then you must look for a (1969) Chrysler Imperial. It is a limousine and it has even more luxe than a modern car. ( I really cried when boyfriend sold ours....)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. They are fab. I love seeing vintage cars on the road. If I was mechanically minded I woul invest in one myself. I know what you mean about the end of the season feeling. Our vintage caravan is getting cleaned and covered up for the winter tomorrow xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow! Those are great cars right there! Dad bought my first car when I was 17 and I didn't have a license that time! I've had three cars all in all (which are sold already) and now, I'm enjoying my new Dodge. =)

    -Dante Mallet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. hallo liebe jolanda;)
    oh i love rockabilly meetings too and old cars of course, i try to go to all oldimer meetings near here;) amazing pictures!!! and i already found my mary janes in nude and orange;)
    ich wünsche dir noch ein ganz schönes wochenende!!
    love and kiss,mary

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. “Since I was a young girl I am in love with cars.” – Well, you and I are on the same page here! Cars have been a childhood favorite of mine. And that love never fades even now. I’m always fascinated by these road machines, especially the old ones. The designs and build are impeccable, making you wish that you have one in your garage.[Leisa Dreps]

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen