zondag 23 september 2012

Tiki

I am a weekendblogger. It is amazing to see how some off you post a blog everyday. I wished I've had the time. During the week I have to get up at 5 in the morning, walk the little doggie's and go to work. We carpool.... But this means I have to stay longer for an hour and I am glad when I am back home at 6 in the evening. I have a few hours left for making (or getting) diner and do some stuff around the house. When it is fryday I am so glad! Mostly I try to do the house-cleaning in the evening when I get back from work so I have the weekend to do other things. It didn't work out this week. So we stayed at home and did all the things we still had to do. Best thing I've worked on is the fifties tikibar. We bought it not long after we moved into the house. It needed some real TLC. It had been standing outside for a while and the top was almost gone. I already started sanding it a few months ago. Today I finished the sanding and put some paint on it. You still see that it suffered from rain, but it looks better now. This week I will fill up the top with some new wood and than figure out what to do with it. Paint it or so..... The dark fabric on the chairs (or how you name them) is now brown and I have some gorgeous leopard-print for that. I hope to finish it soon, it is getting cold outside....... :s

On the last photo the paint is drying. I cann't wait to put it inside.
And please Mary-Lou, you won the price, please send me a message. See the other post. :)
xxxx Have a wonderfull week!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. That's a long day, I'm not surprised you don't post every day with that schedule. The bar is wonderful, I'd love one! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. EEEEK! I adore that tiki bar! I can imagine sitting up there having a lovely cocktail with you!
    My goodness,you have a very long day! You can only do what you have time for,don't stress! XXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. wow your day is really long no wonder you haven´t the time for a post every day but don´t worry about it, blogging should be always fun and no obligation and i always enjoy each post of you (even if i missed the last one and just noticed i was the lucky winner;)
      big kiss,mary

      Verwijderen
  3. oh, the bamboo bar is so great ... haven't seen it last time i stopped by your lovely blog.

    mary lou is right, blogging should be fun! just fun. just blog as much you like.

    thankyou so much for your comments ... :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen